UNDERSTANDING SEO FROM THE CORE
Are you hunting for ways to maximize the reach of your website? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the solution for it.
As a strategy, SEO works toward increasing your website’s reach by using various techniques such as keywords, backlinking, etc. Better deployment of those techniques = high rank in a search engine when users search content related to your content or business.
Significance of SEO
Search Engine Optimization provides you with the audience relevant for your business and the ones who are specifically searching for your products and services. This targeted audience is also known as “organic traffic” — and unlike paid advertisements, you cannot pay a search engine (like Google, Bing, etc.) to get traction. Instead, an SEO expert has put in the work to get your website on the front page.
How do Search Engines operate?
The prime goal of search engines is to identify and attract target consumers. They are working to provide users with the best result for their input. Popular search engines are Google, Bing, and Yahoo. These engines strive to give the most relevant, helpful, and reliable response or resolution. And if you wish to be a part of the first page of these search engines, you need to adhere to the basic SEO practices and be consistent with your content.
We commonly refer to ‘keywords’ in SEO, which is somewhat deceptive. The word ‘search queries’ is far more appropriate. We are not looking at individual words but at word combinations that represent a problem or a query. These are the words identified and matched by search engines to provide relevant results to what the general public is using.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on-page
Understanding SEO by its On-page signals, as the name indicates, are those that Google (or other search engines) discovers on your website’s page. They are the factors in your control and must be done correctly to get on that first page.
Search Engine Optimization on a Technical Level
● People don’t like to wait; thus, Google aims to direct its users to a quickly-load website. Make sure that all of your information loads quickly.
● Mobile-friendliness entails the content, visuals and provides a pleasant user experience on mobile devices. Because Google’s index is now mobile-first, its usability has a significant impact on rankings.
● To digest and interpret your information fast and effectively, Google needs clean, straightforward code. You must ensure that Google can access the website’s information effectively.
● A reputable website is secure and safe to visit. (SSL certificate)
● Simply put, schema.org markup describes your information in a structured data markup schema which is supported by major search engines. Schema.org markup is highly beneficial to Google, and it may also help you rank at the top of SERPs when they contain a Featured Snippet or Quick Answer.
Search Engine Optimization Off-Page
Off-page SEO elements include signals given to Google by third-party websites rather than modifications you make to your site’s code or content. As a result, links or mentions of your pages on other people’s websites or social media accounts fall under this category.
Inbound Links from Other Websites
It links to your content from relevant, reputable sites and solidifies to Google that the material is popular and worthwhile. The links show that this material, this website, and this author are reliable and authoritative sources of information. One of the mainstays of Search Engine Optimization is developing a trustworthy backlink profile.
Understanding SEO Strategies: White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO
Deciding on the most efficient strategy to approach site optimization is the most complex challenge for any industry. While many methods can be helpful, but determining the “best” is highly subjective. There is one thing you should be aware of is – SEO white hat vs. SEO black hat.
What is White Hat SEO?
Let us first define the phrase “white hat” SEO. In a nutshell, it refers to the proper, ethical approach to optimize a website. A white-hat approach satisfies the three requirements, which are listed below:
1. It follows search engine guidelines – White hat SEO follows Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. These are the guidelines Google has established to determine the right approach to optimize a website. In general, if you are not manipulating ranks or Google’s algorithm, then you are most likely following their standards and employing white hat SEO.
2. It is geared for a human audience – The white hat SEO entails making visitors’ adjustments. And, given that Google’s primary objective is to offer the most significant possible results to their users, it is a crucial component of the “proper” method to perform SEO.
3. It is a long-term strategy – White hat is a better long-term approach since it includes investing in content that will provide results for years to come and employing methods that will not put you in danger of Google penalties.
What is Black Hat SEO?
Black hat SEO is a dishonest practice that uses unethical tactics to improve page ranking and violate search engine guidelines. A technique is categorized as a black hat if it satisfies the following requirements.
1. It is against search engine guidelines – Black hat methods contradict Google’s rules and, in many cases, are mentioned explicitly as strategies you should not utilize in these recommendations.
2. It employs deceptive techniques – Black hat SEO depends on manipulating Google’s algorithm to gain ranks. This strategy is meant to fool Google into believing that a site delivers more value to consumers than it does.
3. It emphasizes “rapid victories” – Many black hat SEO methods are centered on exploiting vulnerabilities in Google’s algorithm that can lead to rankings gains with little effort. While some of these strategies can generate benefits, they are nearly always fleeting. It implies that sites utilizing black hat methods risk losing their ranks with each algorithm change, making this a far more short-term strategy than white hat SEO.
The ultimate goal of any SEO activity is to maximize the visibility and traffic to the content. Adopt the ways that result in increased organic reach.
To achieve this goal, we at 2nd Phoenix Marketing take the pressure off you and put it on ourselves. Contact us now; we’ll be happy to help you land your website on the first page!!