OUTRANK YOUR COMPETITION WITH SEO FRIENDLY CONTENT
Search engine optimization, as we know, is crucial for website ranking, and this feat can be achieved through creating SEO-friendly content. But not only it requires SEO expertise, but it demands a lot of investment in terms of your precious time and efforts. And if done correctly, this investment can bore you a sweet fruit by making your website land on the search engine’s first page, which means an increase in website visibility and high quality – quantity of traffic.
We all understand the importance of SEO-friendly content, but how can we achieve this feat? With this article, we aim to introduce you to the basics of SEO management and give you an overview of how you can optimize your content per SEO guidelines.
Disclaimer: SEO management is not limited to the list given below.
- Conduct keyword research thoroughly
Conducting keyword research is very crucial for Search Engine Optimization. Right keywords help dominate the search results meeting the target audience requirements.
- Look for the volume of searches for a particular keyword in a given timeframe; otherwise, its relevance is lost.
- Understand the searchers’ intent behind a particular keyword. It will help you understand its relevance, and you can incorporate it into your content in a better way to get an edge.
- Always conduct extensive research to create highly competitive content.
- Focusing on long-tail keywords is a good practice. These keywords might have low search volume, but they increase the possibility of ranking on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- You can use a related search on Google to acknowledge what customers search more.
- Competitor analysis, read the content posted on top (best) websites that operate in the same space as you. It well you understand.
- Identify critical points which separate the rank 1-2 websites from others
- Include some exclusive features/topics/products in your website/webpage that other websites haven’t touched upon.
- Ensure good structure in your content
The solid structure is the foundation of great content.
- The optimal word count is 2000 words. Remember, quality precedes quantity.
- Break your content into small paragraphs. (About 2-4 sentences)
- Add bullets, highlight important text, use different fonts. These practices will help in making your content more engaging and less monotonous.
- You can start with the format like introduction, main body, and then the conclusion. The conclusion can have a Call to action (CTA) if any.
- Give engaging titles
It makes the audience click on your website/webpage from the other 10 results on the same page.
- Use target keywords at the starting of your title.
- Keep the title under 60 characters as the first 60 characters are displayed in the Google search results.
- HTML has different levels of headings. Popularly used headings are H1, H2, and H3, each of them has a different role that is important and collectively results in high search engine rankings.
- H1 = Must include main keywords and subject of your content
- H2= Includes main keywords, and this breaks content into small parts,
- H3= Subcategories under H2. They make content easily scannable for not only search engines but also for the readers.
- SEO friendly URLs
Well-crafted URLs are very helpful in providing a better user experience and make the website easier to share.
- Include the target keywords for each page. It enhances the visibility of your website and helps search engines in better categorization and identifying your page.
- Try to keep your URLs short by removing unnecessary words—3 to 5 words or up to 60 characters.
- Use hyphens to separate different words. Example: https://seokyle.com/shop/
- Only use lowercase letters to avoid any redirects and errors.
- Avoid using stop words. (Or, but, a, an)
- Keeping attractive and straightforward URLs is always advisable.
- Internal, external, and backlinking
Internal, external, and backlinks, all 3 types of links, enhance the user experience and have SEO implication. And remember, quality over quantity!!
- Internal link: A link from one of your pages to another page from your website. Connects your website by the content providing more relevant content to your audience and web crawlers.
- External link: A link from one of your pages to someone else’s website. Adding authoritative external links enhances E-A-T: Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness of your website.
- Backlinks: A link from someone else’s website to one of your pages. These are the core element of Google’s page rank algorithm. They also help in determining the strength of your page.
- Use Images
Including images enhances the reader’s experience and helps in SEO optimization for a website/web page.
Search engines cannot read the texts in images; instead, they focus on the image’s descriptive title, Alt text, caption, and filename.
Alt texts aren’t visible to the visitors. It is shown when the image fails to load, hence always include an alt text which explains what the image is about.
Example: <img src =” dogs.jpg” alt= “Puppies playing in water”/>
- Have a meta description
It is the summary of the content, which is displayed below your title. It looks appealing and encourages readers to click and continue exploring the entire content.
- The aim should be to explain what your article is about.
- Must include 150-160 words.
- It should include target keywords.
- Update old content
Consistency is the key to success!! You need to create engaging content regularly. If you don’t update it regularly, google won’t consider your website a good resource for the audience.
- It should be easy to share
Including the social media share button encourages visitors to your website to share it.
- Optimize your website for mobiles/tablets
56% of global internet consumption is done through mobile phones or tablets. And it shouldn’t surprise you that Google is ranking mobile-friendly websites higher than the websites which are only optimized for pc.
If you follow the guidelines shared above, you can surely make yourself a place on Google’s first page. By now, you must have realized SEO optimization is a full-time job and requires a lot of time and effort. And to be on a safer end and to “dot the i’s and cross the t’s,” you can hire an SEO professional whose job is to get you on the first page of the search results. We at seokyle take the weights off your shoulder and provide world-class SEO service.
Book a FREE SAMPLE AUDIT today!